If you own an online store, order processing is a crucial aspect of your business. One may discover that delivering client orders in-house is no longer viable as your company expands.
This is where third-party logistics can help. Third-party logistics services enable you to collaborate with experts on one of the most crucial parts of your online store. This frees you up to concentrate on advertising, expansion, and client happiness.
This blog will teach you all you need to know about 3PLs so you can determine whether or not they’re appropriate for you.
What Are Third-Party Logistics (3pls)?
Third-party logistics, or 3PL, is a system in which a company hires a firm to offer logistical services such as managing inventory, warehousing, and delivery. A 3PL business is frequently used by companies that do not have their own logistics department. In this way, the 3PL takes care of some or all of the client’s logistical needs.
The following are some of the services provided by third-party logistics:
- Picking and packaging
- Storage of inventory
- Inventory control
- Distribution and shipping
- Clearance/declaration of customs
Categories of 3PL
Standard third-party logistics provider – From delivery and warehousing to picking up and packing, these firms do it all.
Customer developer – Because they supply all of the clients’ services, the supplier only has a few clients. In essence, the third-party firm takes over logistics while connecting with the client firm.
Customer adapter – Smaller businesses are catered to by this logistics company. In essence, the client’s logistics are taken completely under care. Although no new services are provided, the overall quality of service is usually considerably enhanced.
Service developer – These businesses have a technical background and benefit from tracking, cross-docking, and specialized package security. These services are built on cost savings, which means that larger batches result in lower costs.
The Advantages Of 3PL
- The major advantage of hiring 3PL services to manage logistics is economy of scale, including not requiring a warehouse or people to supervise supply chain activities.
- A 3PL solution is expected to deliver excellent results in areas like transportation while also making it much easier to grow business.
- Provides a business with access to third-party logistics providers with the necessary experience and skill.
- 3PL outsourcing also allows businesses to expand their scope and networking sectors.
- 3PL companies provide a wider range of services than businesses could supply alone, resulting in higher profitability.
Ready to Hire a Logistics Service?
E-Commerce Express is a leading 3pl logistics service provider that offers strategic inventory management, warehouse solution, express fulfillment, and careful inspection of products & packaging.
Some of the other services that we offer include product sourcing, custom packaging, Amazon FBA prep service, e-commerce model photography, and much more!
Contact us today or send an email at email@example.com, and we will gladly assist you.